I’ve been wanting to do this for a while.
Being nominated is an honor; winning is awesome!
I’m talking about being a VIP Employee of the month. We don’t use VIP’s usual interpretation, we call ourselves Valuable, Inspiring, Positive employees. Our motto being: It’s up to everyone to create a positive culture.
Speaking from a coworker standpoint, I believe we have a real family environment here. A lot of the people here are family, but everyone is treated as such.
Every month I send out an email asking for nominations for Employee of the Month.
The following is included in the email:
Attitude and Commitment
- Dedicated to fulfilling job responsibilities
- Demonstrates good customer service skills
- Consistently dependable and is punctual in reporting to work
- Active involvement in committees, fund-raisers, fairs, trainings, and other miscellaneous activities
- Serves as a role model to others
- Goes above and beyond the requirements of the job
- Displays a helpful, cooperative and positive attitude towards superiors and co-workers
- Consistently friendly and available to others
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Has a team player attitude
- Voluntarily assists co-workers in order to complete important department projects
- High overall quality of performance
- Accurately completes work assignments on time
- Controls high stress situations tactfully and calmly
- Takes initiative
- Requires little supervision
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Ability to train others and gladly willing to do so
- Maintains an appropriate and neat personal appearance and dress
- Professional demeanor
- Conscientious, honest, hard-working
- Integrity, on and off the job
ü Previous winners of these awards will not be eligible for nomination for the remainder of the year.
Nominators should keep in mind the judging criteria and write the nomination accordingly. When asked why a co-worker is deserving of the award, elaborate on your response; give specific examples; Attempt to reveal in words how your co-worker met each of the criteria.
We have awesome employees so if we didn’t have such strict guidelines, everyone would be employee of the month every month. That’s why you don’t see things like shows up on time or does job duties. We wanted to give something special to those who go above and beyond. We’re super blesses here to be surrounded by so many awesome overachievers! I love it!
Every month, we nominate, and we vote. Every year, the monthly winners are included in another round of voting for Employee of the Year!
All of the EOM’s get an employee of the month shirt, front row parking for the month, a migrating trophy & a goodie bag worth about $100 which is individual to the liking of the winner.
Employee’s of the year, which we’ve had 2 and runner up so far, since we implemented the VIP EOM program in Jan of 2015, have recieved 2nd row parking for a year, plus well, let’s see, these are very individual gifts as well, a trip to Grand Cayman for one winner, a trip to Sniper school (yes that’s right 🙂 ) for last year’s winner, and since the race was so close last year we also gave a runner up prize which was a trip to Big Cedar.
Without further ado, here’s the list of our winners, starting with the most recent.
Adriana Burton, Dedicated Delivery Coordinator
Michelle Durham, Receptionist
Leona Jester, Payroll Clerk & HR
Alexis Durham, Customer Experience Manager
Cathy Nesbit, Social Media Director
Chris Wilson, New Car Manager
Theresa Couch, Office Manager
Skip Hill, Finance Director
Keith Estep, Fixed Ops Manager. He’s only been with us a short while, and is an invaluable asset to the team.
Marty Phillips, Internet Manager and two time winner. 🙂
Randy was our very first Valuable, Inspiring, Positive Employee of the Month. Many of these guys have been nominated many, many times. Some of these guys have been promoted, and some multiple times. All of these employees, save for 2 are still here at Harry Robinson Buick GMC. One, Drew, got a degree and has gone to be a mortgage loan officer at United Federal Credit Union. All of these guys are valuable, inspiring, positive, and help to create a positive culture. These are guys you WANT to work with, these are a group of people who really help each other to make everyone better.
And, that’s the story of our Harry Robinson Buick GMC VIP (Valuable, Inspiring, Positive) Employee of the Month. 🙂